Letter from the Director

First off, I’d like to thank you for the opportunity to participate in this very important project. My team and I feel this is a very worthy cause that we hope will encourage Veterans to seek help and promote a general understanding of PTSD. For me personally, this is an opportunity to serve my country. When I read or watch the news of our soldiers overseas fighting in the current wars, I often feel like I am sitting on my hands. I’ve been looking for the opportunity to brings my skills into service for my country and this video series is that opportunity. If awarded this project, I will approach it with wholesale dedication. I am eager to listen to Veterans tell their tales of returning to civilian life, their trials and tribulations. I personally want to learn and understand what that experience is like and then pass it on to the public audience.

I imagine these videos to be honest and forthright, yet I will photograph them poetically. I don’t want these videos to be just “talking heads”. I want to capture the Veterans in their daily lives and environments so that their narratives are told in the context of their world. I want to give the audience a window into the lives of Veterans who struggle with returning home. By authenticity capturing the words of Veterans and the images of them living out their lives, we will encourage other Veterans to connect with our subjects and to think,”I know that person” and “maybe I should get help, too.”

My team and I reflected on your requirements and developed a plan that details how we would go about realizing the videos. We undertook to provide as much detail as possible in order to anticipate any questions that you might have. That said, if you have any questions or reservations, please feel free to contact us. Please note that I also have provided references for Hotbed.

Thank you for considering Hotbed.

Kind Regards,
Stokes McIntyre
Partner / Director, Hotbed, LLC